[ 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023 ]
2018 Shelfwide Cruise: July 23 - July 30
The 2018 shelf-wide cruise to determine the extent of low oxygen bottom waters on the Louisiana-Texas continental shelf is dedicated to the memory of Dr. Wesley J. Tunnell, Jr. who passed away on Saturday, July 14, 2018, after a long successful and not successful battle with cancer.
Click here for more information.
Hypoxia ForecastPress Release
Daily LogMississippi River Discharge
Photo GallerySatellite Image
Marine ForecastDissolved Oxygen Maps
- Nancy N. Rabalais, LSU & LUMCON, Principal Investigator, Chief Scientist
- Gene Turner, LSU, Principal Investigator
- Wendy Morrison (LUMCON), co-chief scientist
- Andrea Price (LSU), post-doctoral research associate
- Trevor Meckley (NOAA, NCCOS), NOAA representative
- Mike Scaboo (Univ Delaware), graduate student, pCO2 and pH re hypoxia
- Andy Montgomery (Univ Georgia), graduate student, nitrification/denitrification
- Gina Woods (LUMCON), research assistant
- Richard Grady, USM student, EPA Gulf of Mexico Program intern
- Kathleen Doering, EPA Gulf of Mexico Program intern
- The final dissolved oxygen data will be corrected, as necessary, from linear regression with the Winkler titrations over a range of 0.22 to 8.43 mg/L. Initial observations indicate correction, but the f-factor for the Winkler standard remains to be verified. Any corrected data will be reflected in other derived measurements.
- Salinity data not yet verified with PortaSal samples.
- CTD data remain to be post-processed with ALIGN CTD to be applied.
- Instrumentation was calibrated pre- and post-cruise according to manufacturer's specifications and standard method procedures were applied for several variables, not yet calculated, according to several LUMCON EPA-approved Quality Assurance Project Plans.
- Data collected as part of process studies remain to be analyzed and synthesized.
- Final QA/QC'd data will be submitted to NOAA NODC within two years of collection.