2014 Shelfwide Cruise: July 26 - August 3
- Nancy Rabalais, LUMCON, Wendy Morrison, Amanda Fontenot, Emma Brogdan, and Leslie Smith - general hydrography, chlorophyll , nutrients, suspended sediments, mapping of hypoxia, generation of logs, maps and products for near real-time web site, preparation of data for long-term comparisons, http://www.gulfhypoxia.net
- Matthew Rich and Mary Kate Rogener (Brian Roberts, LUMCON, in absentia; Mandy Joye, UGA, in absentia) - nitrogen cycling, mainly denitrification, but also anammox and dissimiliatory nitrate reduction; quantify concentrations of N2O and CH4 in the water column; water column respiration, N2Ar ratios
- Gene Turner, LSU - sulfide determinations, microbial bioassays, nutrients, TN, TP, TC, sediment paleoindicators
- Jim Lee, LSU - profiles of photosynthetically active radiation, percent transmission and water temperature
- Cameron Thrash, LSU, and Lauren Gillies, FSU (Olivia Mason, FSU, in absentia) - proteomic analysis of microbial communities in water and sediments in the hypoxic zone of the Gulf of Mexico
- Hongjie Wang, TAMUCC (Xinping Hu, in absentia) - pCO2 and C isotopes in decomposing
- Hui Li, Univ Delaware (Deb P Jaisi, in absentia) phosphorus dynamics in hypoxic/normoxic conditions
- Kate Pinkerton, U.S. EPA: OWOW- Assessment and Watershed Protection Division, observer for EPA Gulf of Mexico Program
- Nancy Rabalais, PI/PD, Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium
- Brian Roberts, Co-PI, Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium
- Gene Turner, PI/PD, Louisiana State University
- Dubravko Justic, Co-PI, Louisiana State University
- Chunyan Li, Co-PI, Louisiana State University
- The final dissolved oxygen data will be corrected, as necessary, from linear regression with the Winkler titrations over a range of 0.22 to 8.43 mg/L. Initial observations indicate correction, but the f-factor for the Winkler standard remains to be verified. Any corrected data will be reflected in other derived measurements.
- Salinity data not yet verified with PortaSal samples.
- CTD data remain to be post-processed with ALIGN CTD to be applied.
- Instrumentation was calibrated pre- and post-cruise according to manufacturer's specifications and standard method procedures were applied for several variables, not yet calculated, according to several LUMCON EPA-approved Quality Assurance Project Plans.
- Data collected as part of process studies remain to be analyzed and synthesized.
- Final QA/QC'd data will be submitted to NOAA NODC within two years of collection.