2012 Shelfwide Cruise: July 22 - July 28
- Nancy Rabalais, LUMCON, Lora Pride, Wendy Morrison, Chelsea Sexton (REU) and Leslie Smith- general hydrography, chlorophyll , nutrients, suspended sediments, mapping of hypoxia, generation of maps and products for near real-time web site, preparation of comparison data for long-term, 2011 flood and 2012 drought, http://www.hypoxia.net
- Tiffany Warner and Anya Hopple (Brian Roberts in absentia, LUMCON)- water column respiration at selected stations and depths on each transects, with a repetition of transects C and F higher frequency sampling; also, POC/DOC and associated parameters
- Gene Turner, LSU- sulfide determinations, microbial bioassays, nutrients, TN, TP, TC
- Jim Lee, LSU- profiles of photosynthetically active radiation, percent transmission and water temperature
- Philip Riekenberg, LSU (Brian Fry in absentia)- water column respiration and production via oxygen isotopes, mixing dynamics, C and N isotopes, particulate carbon and nitrogen
- Patrick Jones (graduate student with Kanchan Maiti, LSU)- metal speciation in low oxygen waters, in particular Po-210 and the associated Pb-206
- Xinping Hu (postdoctoral research associate with Wen-Jun Cai, University of Georgia)- pC02 and pH
- Nancy Rabalais, PI/PD, Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium
- Brian Roberts, Co-PI, Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium
- Gene Turner, Co-PI, Louisiana State University
Data Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- The final dissolved oxygen data will be corrected, as necessary, from linear regression with the Winkler titrations over a range of 0.22 to 8.43 mg/L. Initial observations indicate correction, but the f-factor for the Winkler standard remains to be verified. Any corrected data will be reflected in other derived measurements.
- Salinity data not yet verified with PortaSal samples.
- CTD data remain to be post-processed with ALIGN CTD to be applied.
- Instrumentation was calibrated pre- and post-cruise according to manufacturer's specifications and standard method procedures were applied for several variables, not yet calculated, according to several LUMCON EPA-approved Quality Assurance Project Plans.
- Data collected as part of process studies remain to be analyzed and synthesized.
- Final QA/QC'd data will be submitted to NOAA NODC within two years of collection.